Monday, June 04, 2007

back in argentina

Hola! Como Estas? I'm Jenni, Scott's sister, writing in today on the blog!! After traveling 24 hours, we finally made it to Cordoba, Argentina late last Thursday night. I flew back with Scott from Dallas to Argentina. I thought I'd get to relax and unwind from the long taveling hours Thursday night, but the moment we stepped in the door, neighbors and friends started flooding in (and stayed until the wee hours of the morning), and it's been a whirlwind ever since!!

It reminds me alot of New York City here except everyone speaks Spanish, and I mean EVERYONE!! If you've ever been to SoHo, you can picture Scott's neighborhood. It is great being with Scott because he translates everything for me, and I am so glad when we go to a restaurant that has pictures on the menu, so I can just point to the picture. People here walk everywhere just like Manhatten, live in high rises, and cute little coffee shops, restaurants, and boutiques line the streets. If you're not in the walking mood, there's also a zillion taxes that will take you anywhere. Not all taxi's are yellow here, so I never know if it is truly a taxi or not. At first I thought we were just hitching rides from random people. I also like it here because I can afford almost all the shops that I go in to, which is a different experience from when I shopped 5th Ave. last summer, where I couldn't afford hardly anything I picked up!

No one here thinks about dinner until about 11:00 and the restaurants don' get crowded until midnight and stay open until 3-4 am. They also love to eatr dessert, so that is served at around 1:00 after you finish dinner.

Everyone loves Escot (that's how the Argentine's say Scott's name) here, and he is even a hero to some. He has been in the newspaper and on the news in the 3 days I've been here, the girls in his aparment building make him homemade pizza, and all the people in the coffee shops and cafe's know him by name and have his order ready for him when he arrives. Reminds me of Seinfeld! No wonder Escot loves it here! As they say in Argentina, Chau and kiss kiss (they always kiss when they greet and leave)

Jenni

P.S.Don, there is no chai tea latte here just regular coffee...been hard for me to adjust.



5 Comments:

Blogger Don Dinnerville said...

No chai tea latte! Dumb on that. :-) Glad you all made it down there safely, apparenly with all the football equipment. And it's great to hear you bragging on Scott since I know he'd never do that. In the news and papers? You have to give us some details there, or links to websites at least.

Hope you enjoy the next week!

Monday, June 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! You should have taken an empty suitcase with you to fill it with all your purchases!
Glad to see you are spending some fun times together...love the pix!
You'all behave...Love MOM

Monday, June 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
All I have to say is that I hope you are not forgetting to practice your bowling!!! The revenge match is not far away. Jenn, have you seen any Tech alums? Glad to see you guys are having a great time and making a difference.
Love Uncle Mick

Monday, June 04, 2007  
Blogger Micah said...

nice unis, and great steve nash hair

Monday, June 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Jenni -
What a fun trip for you! I'm so glad you took the opportunity. Hopefully Lubbock won't be too boring for you after a vacation in Argentina. Can't wait to catch up - thanks for letting me know what you're up to. Talk to you soon
Holly

Monday, June 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home